Facebook has introduced ample security provisions, which may help to improve Facebook Page Security Settings, you can change your page’s security settings to protect your page from spam and set access restrictions.
Facebook allows businesses to create pages to interact with customers and advertise products and services. Facebook Business pages appear with default security settings that make the page publish to all users and lets users create posts, contents, upload photos, and add videos to the page. Page role administrators have the power to change the security settings and limit the page’s visibility, set age restrictions and location restrictions, change posting abilities, and block vulgarity or other unsolicited keywords in posts.
Step by Step Guide:
- Log into your Facebook profile to access your business page, and then click “Edit Page” under your page’s name in the left pane. Click (Manage Permissions) in the list of settings in the left column.
- You have to click the option “Only Admins Can See This Page” check box if you want to make the page invisible to those surfing Facebook and restricting access to both the public and your fans.
- Type one or more country names in the “Country Restrictions” field to permit or deny access to visitors from specific countries. Click “Show the Page to Viewers in these Countries location” to allow access, or “Hide the Page from Viewers in these Countries” to deny access.
- Click the drop-down list “Age Restrictions” to restrict access to members in a specific age group. Select “Anyone 13+” to allow all ages, or select “People 17 and Over,” “People 18 and Over,” “People 19 and Over” or “People 21 and Over.”
- Select provision of “Alcohol-Related” to restrict your page to followers of the permissible drinking age in their own countries.
- Go on the “Wall Tab Shows” drop-down list to allow visitors to see contents from both the company and visitors or to only display posts made by the company.
- Click the “Default Landing Tab” at the drop-down list to select the tab you want members to see when they leading visitors on your business page.
- Next, click the boxes next to “Posting Ability” to allow or deactivate posting permissions. The presented options confine users from writing on the wall of the page, from adding photos, from tagging photos, and from adding videos.
- Click the “Profanity Blocklist” drop-down list to block vulgarities on the page. Select “None,” “Medium” or “Strong” for the anticipated fortification level.
- Next, click on the Save to apply your updated security settings on Facebook Business Pages.